SUP 101: The 2 questions ALL paddlers must answer
- Should I be out here paddling today and how do I know that?
- If yes to above, then do I have a solution for when things do not go as expected.
Paddle boarding is not like Power Boating. There is a very high probability that you or your paddling partners WILL fall off the board and be in the water at some point. You do not just hop out of your car and climb on the board good to go. To have maximum FUN, we need to know how and why things happen ON and IN the water.
– Self assessment
– Core concepts of paddling technique
– Incident Management and Rescue Priorities
– Wind, water, weather and waves
– Hazard identification and AVOIDANCE
– Boat and Paddle design
– Throw ropes
- Board handling basics
- Rescue Strategies and Techniques
- Incident debriefing
SUP 101 June 14, 12-6 Register Now